Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Monday 9 September 2013

Banana Ripple and Lemon Sorbet

Scrapbooking  (next to crochet and cardmaking) is my absolute favourite thing to do!!  - the cutting, layering, pasting, embellishing - OOH love it!

I have never taken to the digital scrapbooking and cardmaking craze - but lately I have been having a lot of fun "scrapbooking" my craft photo's with Pic Monkey!


crochet baby blanket

This will never replace my "paper" scrapbooking  - but it is perfect for my online sharing!

We have not "eased" into spring here in Johannesburg - the days are already hot, and Mr Owl and I have been enjoying fruit salad and ice cream for lunch for the past few days.

Last week I was admiring the gorgeous colours of the fruit salad and banana ripple ice cream as I carried it out to the lapa (thatch gazebo thingy) - and lightbulb!!! - I just had to make a Banana Ripple Baby Blanket!!   I started the square "log-cabin style"  - about halfway through I switched to working the whole way around with each colour change.    It worked up quite quickly, and as I was crocheting I was already planning my next ice cream blankets - choc chip mint, berry ripple, chocolate and fudge..........


crochet baby blanket

I made this one a few weeks back and had no idea what to call it.     Ice cream inspiration......... I love those pretty sorbets that you get in the orange and lemon skins..... and YAY my blanket had a name.

My arm is still pretty useless at the moment (thank you eight legged creature!) - not capable of any major creative feats.      Baked a batch of  muffins using some Golden Cloud Vanilla Muffin baking mix - add 2.5ml of cinnamon and 1 grated apple to the mix - sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top before baking) - not quite made from scratch but still homemade and freshly baked!    And quite yum!!


cinnamon muffins

Played around on Pic Monkey again!!

Tried to make sense of my WIP's


seed stitch

Seed Stitch Baby Blanket - not much progress has been made here (only 32 rows so far).

Miss M's Groovyghan (well not actually a work in progress - but I have chosen the colours if that counts??) - a Christmas gift for my niece.

Stormy Seas Groovyghan (second one I am making in these colours - as I had quite a bit lof yarn left over from the first one)     Changed the layout and the flower squares a bit for this one.   Came up with a brilliant (I think so) flower square granny - will share soon!

Lacy Baby Blanket- been busy with this one since the beginning of time!   This is the second one I am making using this pattern - the first was a commissioned blankie.    I want to share the pattern for this one - and committing pattern to text is probably what is causing the hold up!

Cushion Covers - started out as a set of three but due to loss of interest in this project will now be a set of two!

Scrapbuster project - making 5 row, single colour granny squares from whatever scraps I have left from other projects.

Oh and then there is my Scrap-Scrapbuster project - another Hexagon Scrapghan - this one is going to be even busier than the first!

Wow!   I have been waffling on for ages - can you tell how bored I am not being able to Craft??

Think I will make some tea - and I have a ridiculous craving for a peanut butter and syrup sarmie!

Then I will sit and sip tea and hope that the Courier arrives with my wool order.     Sooo excited!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zelna,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like to meet new people....and visit their blogs. You are a master crocheter (is that a word?) I used to love making granny squares, and I'm so glad they are back in style. Your owl is adorable....

    ReplyDelete