Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Wednesday 11 January 2017

NEWS!!!!

Way back in AUGUST 2013 I bought my first stash of Stylecraft Life DK on sale at a little habby a few kilometres from my home.   It was with extreme reverence that I used these 100g balls of beautiful, soft perfection.  
  
Three of the colours - Fuschia, Melon and Clover looked so fabulous together that I was inspired to make a "DIAGONAL GRANNY STRIPE INFINITY SCARF".  This was probably my first "serious pattern" and at this stage I was blogging just for fun, so imagine my surprise when suddenly my traffic went sky high!!

There was a fair amount of yarn left over from the scarf - way too good to go into a scrap project, and so I dipped into my precious stash for a few balls of brown and cream and made a  GRANNY SHAWL!
The pattern and the yarn are a dream to work up.   The result was a lightweight, super soft and warm shawl.   The yarn produced by our local mill is of the highest standard and so I was fairly confident when I mixed some Elle Classic Wool with Stylecraft Life to make the FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS SHAWL.   The Blue Jeans shawl was an instant hit, but somehow I have not managed to finish writing the pattern yet.  These two beauties take turns going with me wherever I go.   Washing them is a no fuss process and after so much use they still look as good as new.



Hubby always supports my creative exploits and at the beginning of 2014 he surprised me by ordering me two of the "original" Stylecraft Special DK Packs.   I checked the post at least five times a day when he told me what he had done, but it took ten weeks for the yarn to get here from the UK (our SA Postal Services are dismal and they are on strike every other week).

It was worth the wait.   When that yarn arrived in all those BE-A-UTIFUL colours my crochet creativity somehow exploded.   The STARFLOWER MANDALA pattern went viral!!



And then I was asked to design a Mini Mandala for Yarndale - and ended up designing three!


I just could  not STOP creating!    The SUNFLOWER MANDALA was next!



Etc, etc, etc......

So when Stylecraft approached me towards the end of 2016 and asked if I would like to be one of their Blogstars I did not even have to think about it!    I said "YES" immediately!

I am so delighted and honored to be able to participate in this program with so many HUGE names in crochet.    I have so many ideas for this year, and I cannot wait to get to work and start sharing these with you.

Find  me on the Stylecraft Website at:  STYLECRAFT BLOGSTARS

PS:   Do not laugh at the pic.   It is the only one I have of me on my own and the wind was blowing me away!

10 comments:

  1. So well deserved, my creative friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!
    Happy day Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Love your work, especially the shawls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Look forward to reading all your news

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I loved reading about your life, and I thought your photo was great! You look like someone who really enjoys life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! Congratulations and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you! You look lovely in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh this is awesomely great news!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete