Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 31 March 2018

Stardust Crochet

At the beginning of February when we had our Stylecraft Blogstars Meetup (with the non UK girls on Skype), Stylecraft gave us some gorgeous new baby yarns.      

I have been itching to use the WONDERSOFT STARDUST which comes in six oh-so-pretty pastel colours, with an opalescent thread adding a hint of sparkle!   


Our beautiful granddaughter, Madison, arrived on 22 February, weighing in at a teeny 2.8kg and measuring 48cm.     Her birth measurements were almost an exact match to those of her mommy (my daughter).    

Winter is fast approaching here in the Southern Hemisphere and the "Stardust" was just begging to be turned into a little cardigan for my favourite teeny human!

I came up with a quick and easy little cardigan pattern (one size only - 3-6 months) - worked in dc rows from the yoke down, with a sweet braid detail.   


I wrecked the yarn for the first one a bit (pulling out rows to adjust stitch counts etc) - but once I had that sorted churning out the next one was a breeze! 


The Stardust is soft and super to work with, giving really neat stitch definition, and......... I had the perfect matching Owl Buttons!!!


Warning - pattern is addictive.     I have made FIFTEEN so far!!   7 for Madison, 1 for a friend's little girl, and 7 to be donated (more pics in my next post).

I wrote the pattern up in record time (for me) and my dear friend Pat from SUNSHINE AND A SEWING BASKET tested it for me!     

If you would like to make one (or a few) you can find the pattern HERE!!

Happy hooking!

4 comments:

  1. Muito lindos.
    Parabéns.
    Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little cardi just love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and looks super easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pattern... thank you for sharing 😀❤️💐

    ReplyDelete