Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 11 July 2017

RAINBOWS AFTER THE RAIN: 5

Hello Rainbow CAL-ers and welcome to Part 5 of our Rainbows After the Rain (RAR) CAL, which I am hosting along with Andrea of KOKOPELLI

Last Monday marked the 2nd Anniversary of my Mom's passing.    I have been overwhelmed by melancholy and seem to have lost my crojo a bit.

My mom was a gentle, caring soul and the world is a poorer place with her gone.   (You can read a bit about the lovely lady Mom was HERE


After having assembled our Ponchos in Part 4 - we will be adding the bottom border this week    In Part 6 (25 July 2017) we will be crocheting the necline and completing our Ponchos.

We still have quite a way to go with our Blankets.    This week we will be making the Some Days are Diamonds Square which is named after a John Denver song.   This song echos how we often feel when a loved one is no longer with us.

"When you asked how I've been here without you
I'd like to say I've been fine and I do
But we both know the truth is hard to come by
And if I told the truth that's not quite true

Some days are diamonds some days are stones
Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone
Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones
Some days are diamonds some days are stones

John Denver - Some Days Are Diamonds"

LINKS:

Poncho Part 5
Blanket Part 5

Kokopelli's Post

No comments:

Post a Comment