Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Monday 24 June 2013

Diagonal Box Stitch Afghan - Dusty Rose

Monday again!!    Why do the weekends go by so fast???

It was my daughter's 22nd birthday on Saturday.   Her boyfriend gave her 100 roses in all shades of pinks and reds - absolutely gorgeous. You will see some of them in the photos I have taken - she was sweet to allow me to use them as a prop! The sunniest part of Sunday was spent photographing my recently finished projects to share with you!

There was a pattern for a diagonal box stitch lapghan in the September / October 2012 issue of Crochet Today.   I had never crocheted anything on a diagonal before and the GYPSY BLANKET was my first attempt at this.

This was another one of those mile a minute patterns that get you "hooked" and I recently made two more afghans using the diagonal box stitch.

For this Dusty Rose Diagonal Box Stitch Afghan I used cream, beige and dusty rose with a repeat stripe as follows:

2 rows cream
6 rows dusty rose
6 rose beige
6 rows dusty rose

2 rows cream
6 rows beige
6 rows dusty rose
6 rows beige


diagonal box stitch afghan

Finished it off with a very simple border - two rows of double crochet in Dusty Rose and then a row of tiny shells in cream:


diagonal box stitch afghan

Final measurements 200cm x 230cm (quite impossible to get the whole thing in for a photo!).    Had a lot of fun posing some of my Teddy Bears on it though!!


diagonal box stitch afghan

Off to make a quick cuppa and do some chores and then I will post my Shades of Blue Diagonal Box Stitch Afghan ....... HERE

2 comments:

  1. I love this blanket and I really want to try it out. Do you have a link or reference for the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela - The stitch used here is the "Diagonal Box Stitch" - there are a number of tutorials online, This is the link to a fairly descriptive photo tutorial I found for you http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-corner-to-corner-diagonal-box-stitch/

    ReplyDelete