Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Monday 8 July 2013

Banana Tea Loaf

As promised in my block stitch baby blanket post my banana tea loaf recipe.

This banana tea loaf  recipe has been around for as long as I can remember - my gran and my mom used to make it when I was little - and I have been using the same recipe for almost 30 years!

This is the perfect way to use over ripe (even almost mushy) bananas - strangely there always seem to be exactly four to six bananas that are over ripe in our fruit basket - sure there is a conspiracy????

It makes two delightfully moreish loaves (they last about five minutes in our house - none left to photograph!!) - and it is absolutely flop proof!!

I have no idea where the original recipe came from as it was in my gran's and my mom's handwritten recipe books.
 
BANANA TEA LOAF RECIPE

Ingredients
125ml baking margarine
2 eggs
250ml sugar
500ml flour
10ml baking powder
1ml salt
4 - 6 (over ripe) mashed bananas
5ml vanilla essence

Method
Beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
Add vanilla, add eggs one by one
Beat well after each addition

Sift together dry ingredients - add to egg mix
Add mashed bananas
Beat well.
Pour into 2 greased bread pans.

Bake at 180C for 45 - 50 minutes.

 

Yummy!

Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment