Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy 2014!

Happy 2014!    Hope this year is filled with all things wonderful for you.

2013 was a very busy, successful year for my little family - with each of us setting and achieving our individual goals and even keeping to the resolutions we made at the beginning of the year.   

We have enjoyed a lovely festive season - lots of (too much) good food and good company.

I used plain brown paper and kraft board to wrap and package gifts this season, decorated with green paper raffia and handmade embellishments.

Star flowers crocheted with paper raffia, with a bit of glitter and some shiny beads:

Crochet Christmas Flower

Crochet Christmas Trees found on Ale's lovely blog:

Crochet Christmas Tree

Our weather has been a bit strange - quite a few grey rainy days, a lovely cool respite from the South African heat.     The cloud formations have been absolutely stunning and we have had some pretty scary electrical storms.    Overall though the days have  been magically clear and sunny - perfect summer weather.    I am as brown as a berry from all the lazing about in the garden and around the pool.

2013 was a very busy and enthusiastic crafting year for me.   My blogging was sadly not anywhere nearly as enthusiastic and I made heaps of projects which I never got around to photographing, much less blogging about (hoping I won't be such a lazy blogger this year!)  

I have been sorting through my photo's - putting them into folders etc and I have come across a few that I took and never showed on my blog.       I will be doing some posts over the next few days to show these.........

2 comments: