Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 18 March 2014

The "Funny Bird" Scrappy Poncho

A few days back I had a bee in my bonnet (again!!).   I wanted to figure out a cowl for my "PACHA" PONCHO pattern.

I did not want to change the look of the already finished "Pacha" Poncho, nor have to make another 42 squares before I got to try out my idea. 

LIGHTBULB!!  Gathered up all the grannies I had leftover from finished projects, colour tryouts and squares made from small scraps.


crochet poncho

Laid them out on my craft table - darn it!   A few short.    Another quick look through my existing projects delivered a few more squares.  Changed the layout a bit - and started assembling them:



Joined the squares together with my VISIBLE JOIN


crochet poncho

Worked the neck of the "Pacha" poncho with a few minor changes.    Switched from a 4mm hook to a 5.5mm hook for the cowl - 15 rows of "v" 1ch, for a light and lacey (but still warm) fabric.


crochet poncho

This Poncho was already a bit over the top - the Pacha fringe would have been way too much, so I simplified it somewhat and this is the result:


crochet poncho

I quite like it!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And who doesn't love owls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great job!!! Do you have a pattern for the collar and edging? It's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryle! I never got around to writing the pattern down, sorry! I must make another poncho at some stage and then I will do a pattern for the cowl!

      Delete