Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 21 February 2015

Inspired by Colour!

One of the questions I am most frequently asked is "how do you choose your colours?".

Unless you have had a class or two in colour theory or have an "eye" for colour, deciding what colours to use can be VERY frustrating!



colour combinations

A quick and easy way to build up a small "stash" of colours that work well together, is to pick out a few balls of variegated yarn.

colour combinations

Don't think about it too much - just something that catches your eye! 

colour combinations

Buy a ball or two of each of the colours in the variegated yarn and you will have a lovely little "no stress" colour palette!

LOVE!     LOVE!    LOVE, variegated yarn!

6 comments:

  1. Very useful! Thank you!
    Diana (netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) A great idea! And so many things one could make with these yarns!!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these colorful yarns and makes me wish that it was spring here! I just joined your blog by google friend connect! For some reason I thought that I was a follower there and missed your posts so much. Take care and be well.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I have the worst eye for colour co ordination ever!! lol I admit it
    sad but true. I have to always look to other people's choices before I put
    any colour together. Thanks for the tips.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use varigated yarn quite often when making throws and afghans. I have never been good with putting colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so helpful to me for putting colours together. Thank you.x

    ReplyDelete