Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Wednesday 11 March 2015

"Gorgeous Granny" Bag

I have made quite a few "FAT BOTTOM" GRANNY BAGS using a "modification" of a pattern I found on the internet.  

I wanted a bag that didn't look quite as casual, with a separate lining that could be worked into the bag without sewing through the crochet square, with neat, sturdy handles.

I am quite chuffed with the bag I came up with.    Went to the shops with this bag yesterday, and quite a few ladies stopped me to admire my bag.    "Gorgeous" was the most popular comment, hence the name "Gorgeous Granny Bag"

granny bag


 I made quite a few of these with a mix of variegated and solid colour yarn.


They make lovely thoughtful gifts - each and every one of my "girlfriends" will be sporting one of these this winter!

Pattern can be found in my RAVELRY STORE

7 comments:

  1. Wow Zelna, what a beautiful granny square handbag you designed! I love it and anything to do with granny square! Thanks for sharing your pattern to make one!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely. I made a similar one last year if you want to look back on my blog. I've been asked to make another one for my sister-in-law so I'll be starting that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for tomorrow to see the pattern in Yarnorama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another gorgeous pattern in lovely bright colours and easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your patterns, and this looks like an excellent WIP bag. Thank you also for the very clear lining instructions - I can't stand crochet bags that just stretch and stretch and stretch...
    Take care,
    Michelle (crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice model bag:)))
    look my crochet blog: kvacka-rajzaduso
    bye bye

    ReplyDelete