Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Daisy Granny Squares - Pattern

Feeling a bit cold this morning - sitting in the sunniest spot in my craftroom with a hot cuppa and my laptop!    I have quite a few orders to fill but my fingers are too cold to get started!

One of the commissions I am busy with at the moment is a lilac, grey and cream baby blanket.   There is still quite a lot of work to be done on the blanket but I thought I might share the pattern for the squares I am making with you in the meantime....



Crochet Daisy Centres
Lovely Daisies

Still absolutely loving the daisy centres I found here - she has a brilliant tutorial on how to make them too.  I wanted my squares to be a bit more "open" so I did not follow her pattern for the subsequent rounds.

This is how I made mine:

First two rounds = the daisy

Third Round
Join new colour in space between two petals
3 Ch;  2dc; 1ch, *3dc, 1ch* in each next 11 spaces
Join with a ss

Fourth Round
Worked into spaces between clusters
3ch, 2dc, 1ch;
*3dc, 3ch;  in next sp; 3dc, 1ch in next 2 sp* rep *to* 3 times
3dc, 3ch in next sp;    3dc 1ch in next sp
ss to join


Daisy Crochet Granny Squares
Lilac & Grey Granny Squares

Fifth Round
Join new colour into first sp after cnr
3ch, 2dc 1ch;  3dc 1ch into next sp
*3dc, 3ch, 3dc, 1ch into cnr, 3dc 1c into each of next 2 sp* rep *to* 3 times
3dc, 3ch, 3dc, 1ch into last corner, ss to join
  
Daisy Granny Squares
Five rounds of the first "joining square"


Join as you go
Joining the squares - starting corner


join as you go
Joining the squares


join as you go
Joining the square onto already joined squares

For a more detailed explanation on "joining as you go" see my Hexagon #1 Tutorial HERE

I find it quite difficult to "write" a pattern - so if you find any errors or have any suggestions please leave me a comment!

These squares are such fun to make that I ended up making way too many of them - have set them aside to make another blanket when I have a bit of time.

Stay warm ...... and happy crafting!

1 comment: