Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 26 April 2014

I Love Autum Mandala

I have an unbelievably bad case of Manda-litis.    I thought I would  be over it by now - but the fever has me firmly in its grip (hooks?)!

This morning (while waiting for the breakfast scones to bake) I was sitting at the breakfast nook with my colour pens and pencils doodling the time away:


mandala drawing

Are my doodles starting to look like Mandalas - or are my Mandalas starting to look like doodles??

Well, of course, I had to see what would happen if I tried to turn the doodle into a doily!

crochet mandala

I crocheted quite quickly while catching up on the latest episodes of series I follow (paying more attention to the screen than the crochet).    The stitch count is a little off on one of the "petals" - and there are a few adjustments I want to make - but It didn't turn out too bad!

crochet mandala

 I used Raeesah Cotton Soft (100% Cotton) DK with a 5.00mm hook.

The 5.00mm is the recommended hook size for this yarn - but I think it looks a bit untidy (my previous projects were done with a 4.00mm hook).

I will be writing up a pattern for this which I will share with you as soon as it is done1

Have an awesome crafty weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Love your doodles and mandalas!!!!! Beautiful work - thanx for sharing this beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazingly talented! I'm going to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely pattern .. you are a mandala whizz!
    Pat xx :) ps. I am green with envy .. imagine Lucy making up your pattern ... well done my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just simply amazing! I love your work and you have such a brilliant mind, thank you so much for sharing your gift with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! ♥ Pretty pattern, and colors like an autumn fire :-).
    Happy weekend and greetings from your new follower Nata

    ReplyDelete