Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 10 November 2018

Life Changes

My favourite Stylecraft yarns are definitely the wool / acrylic blends.  They are so easy to work with and are extra soft and squishy.

I was ridiculously happy when Stylecraft added LIFE CHANGES to the Life family.     Life Changes is a range of 8 totally gorgeous, rich, semi solid shades in a a luxurious mix of 25% wool and 75% Acrylic.    To add to this they released five fabulous new shades of LIFE DK (Silver Nepp, Black Nepp, Mustard, Hyacinth & Deep Purple).

For starters I wanted to make something with a very simple stitch composition to truly appreciate the colour variations in the Life Changes.    My COSMOS FIELDS SHAWL was just the right pattern for this.    I crocheted 40 rows (15 less than the shawl) before starting the border.    This makes for a very generous size triangle scarf.

Triangle Crochet Scarf

For this one I used Life Changes "Ashes", Life DK "Mustard" and "Black Nepp".

Crochet triangle scarf

Here you can see the beautiful subtle colour variations of the Life Changes.

stylecraft blogstars

There was a ball of Life DK "Denim" lying on my table next to the leftover Mustard.    I really liked the combination of those two colours and so I made a second scarf using Life DK "Denim", "Stone Nepp" and what was left of the 100g of Mustard and Black Nepp.

stylecraft blogstars

The Mustard is too divine with the Denim and the Black Nepp just makes the colours "pop",

stylecraft blogstars

I can think of quite a few colour variations I would like to try with the Mustard!!

I have been a bit "hooked" on making this scarf.    Over the next few posts I will share some lovely combos I have made using various mixes of Stylecraft.

Until then ......  Happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment