Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Granny Square Shawl: Grandala Square

I spotted a gorgeous granny square shawl on Pinterest - loved the colours she used - very eyecatching!

You may remember me telling you HERE about the acrylic/ wool blend yarn which I was dying to try out? -Elle Classic Wool Blend DK - thought the "Honey", "Salsa" and "Mineral" would make a pretty striking combo.


granny square scarf

I had also seen a "grandala" granny square HERE which I was also dying to try out - perfect for this granny shawl.


granny square scarf

Make 27 x 5 row granny squares.   Assemble 3 rows by 9 squares, crochet a fringe around one of the long sides and the two short sides


granny square scarf

And voila!!  A warm, soft and snuggly shawl / wrap.   Pinned with a big crochet flower.


granny square scarf

7 comments:

  1. I love your shawl and the colours work beautifully together. I have been thinking of buying wool online ~ I find our wool shops are a little sparse at the moment. Any recommendations of where I should try for really good prices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been struggling to find a good supplier in the JHB area. Arthur Bales in Linden is brilliant - they have a huge selection but their prices are a bit ouch! New Kayo in Krugersdorp is about the most reasonably priced (they stock mostly local wool though) and their online service is top notch. A little wool shop in Trichardt Street Boksburg also has a fairly wide selection - prices are good, but I find the shop very cramped and you can't really spend time browsing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are beautiful. They work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent shawl! The colours alone are enough to warm you up on a cold day, let alone the snuggly wool! Terrific pattern, thanks for linking up! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous granny squares the shawl is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful , lovely warm cheerful colours .I have found you through Chrissie's blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and stunning shawl, definately a winter warmer.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete