Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Friday 16 November 2012

Handmande Gift Bags - Stencilled Butterfly Decoration Tutorial

My craft space is now tidy(ish).    I have assembled a number of gift bags which still need to  be decorated.

Stencilled Butterflies
Stencil used to decorate Butterfly Gift Bag

You can apply the same technique using any stencil you have available.

Stencil Tutorial
Stencil the design in pencil onto the back of patterned paper

I like to keep my scraps for just this purpose.

Stencilled Butterflies
Cut out and glue to coloured paper

Choose something that will show up nicely against the gift bag.

Stencilled Butterflies
Cut some circles from the same paper as the butterflies

  Glue onto the coloured paper.

Cut around the butterflies and the circles leaving a narrow border.

Border Strip

 Cut a border strip of about 1.5cm from a complimentary piece of patterned paper.

Glue all the elements to the bag  in an "organised" random  fashion.
I always place the heaver looking elements at the bottom of my project,
otherwise your design may look a bit top heavy and unbalanced.   

Doodle in some detail with a coloured marker or gel pen.
Finish off with a rafia bow (or a bow to match your handles)


Gift Bag
Pretty Butterfly Gift Bag!!

Have fun!!!!

I going to blog off now - we are experiencing a major electrical storm.   I think I might hide under my craft table with a cup of  tea and a craft magazine until its over!

No comments:

Post a Comment