Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 1 December 2012

Crumpled Paper

Saturday afternoon and the weather is rather miserable.    I made pizzas for lunch (enough to feed an army) - so yay there is enough for dinner too!!

My youngest is playing with her new camera - snapping away at me while I work - so if my typing seems a little off, its because I am flash blind!

I have been texturing and distressing papers this afternoon to use on various projects.    One of the easiest ways to add interest to ordinary paper is by crumpling it.    Wet it under running water and then crumple it up.    You can either leave it to dry and then un-crumple it (in which case the creases will be quite deep) or unfold it and let it dry, or unfold it and iron it dry.   Also try crumpling a darker colour with a lighter colour -  quite often the colour runs a bit and then you get quite a nice effect on the lighter colour.

Once the paper is dry you can distress it by lightly sanding over it with fine sandpaper or a kitchen scourer.    I always add this step if I want my project to have a vintage feel!

I had some neon orange and yellow which I crumpled  together and an odd purplish sheet which I crumpled with pink.    I don't have a use for these on my other projects so I am going to use them to make up a batch of paper flowers.

The tutorial on how to make the flowers can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment