Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Sunday 16 June 2013

Fabric Painting

I have finished up most of my WIP's and was rather bored this week.    Of course when I am bored I usually end up in the kitchen baking something.   I remembered that I had made recipe cards from all the recipes I received at my bridal shower (24 years ago).   Since I am a bit of a compulsive tidier I don't keep stuff around if I don't use it - so off to the storeroom in search of the recipe cards (hoping that I hadn't actually thrown them away ???)

A couple of  years back when the kids were little we discovered that the best way to store their keepsakes was in those big plastic crates with the click on lids.     I have since been using them to store the things I don't use but don't want to get rid of.

Yaaaay!    Found the crate with the recipe cards - and in it a couple of  smallish table cloths I had painted back in 1998 when I first started fabric painting - Oh my goodness!!     I had packed them away because they were my first attempts and  as my skills improved I was a bit embarrassed to use them.     Well looking at them now 15 years later I feel rather sentimental - so I decided to give them a wash and use them on the kitchen table:

Flowers Fabric Painting
First Attempt


Flowers Fabric Painting
Second Attempt

Sunflower Fabric Painting
Sunflowers - quite a few attempts later
Sunflower Fabric Painting
Corner Section View

A couple of attempts later and my technique had improved quite a bit!

Vegetable Fabric Painting
Colourful Vegetables

Also found one I had done using one of my favourite poems "The Sea Gypsy" - I think I had planned to frame it at some stage and use it one of the children's bathrooms

Seashell Fabric Painting
The Sea Gypsey
 
Seashells Fabric Painting
Seashells

I don't have any of the items made after this - most of them were given as gifts or sold.    I fell out of love with fabric painting about five or six years ago and have only done a bit of odd painting here and there (mostly teaching projects) - don't know why actually because it was really something I loved doing - (adding this to my TO DO list along with all the old recipes)

First recipe I tried out again is the one for Pita Bread with some yummy fillings.........

1 comment:

  1. Just plain LOVELY!!!!!! Thank you for a most gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete