Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Monday 13 May 2013

Daisy Granny Square Afghan - Scrapbuster Project

As mentioned in my previous post I was inspired by the lovely daisy centres I found here
The daisies form the first two rounds of each square

Round Three:
Join in space between any petal.    3ch, 2dc, 1ch;   3dc, 1ch into each sp between petals - join with a ss
Round Four:
3ch 2dc into space between 3dc, 1ch;  *3tr, 2ch, 3tr (corner), 1ch into next space;  3dc. 1ch into next two spaces* 3 times;  3tr, 2ch, 3tr, 1 ch;   3dc join with ss into top of starting 3ch
Round Five:
3dc, 1ch into each sp;    3dc, 2ch, 3dc, 1ch into each corer, join with ss

Since I was using rescued yarn I made 64 Daisy Granny Squares in an assortment of colours. 



granny squares
Colorful Daisy Granny Squares


granny squares
1 row of granny clusters and a chain "joining" row in cream


granny squares
The first set of joins


granny squares
Four joined Daisy Grannies per block

I made sixteen of these, chain joining them on the last round of each completed square:.  I then crocheted two rows of granny clusters and 1 chain "joining" row around each block in denim blue


chain join
Second set of joins


granny squares
Border of four rows of Granny Clusters in Denim

granny squares
1 row of "blanket" edging in cream - final size 200cm x 200cm
 
I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment