Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness: WIP's on Wednesday # 5 and 6


Life has been really busy here in Zooty Owl Land - so much so that two weeks have gotten away from me without a single post.

Where to begin??

My little expedition to the wool bazaar  was mentioned in the WIP'S #3 POST - anyway I was overjoyed, thrilled and delighted, etc to discover that they have an online shop!!   Placed a smallish order for some Elle Premier Natural Cotton and a few balls of DK Pullskein (making my favourite niece a groovyghan) - which was delivered to my door in less than 48 hours by a very friendly courier.



Crochet Roses
My lovely cottons and two crochet Roses

Finished the Pinks / Purples Baby Blanket from WIP's #4 commissioned by a friend for her niece's baby shower.     Didn't have time to take a snap - delivery deadline (pun intended - the little lovely put in an appearance before the baby shower!)

Also finally done with the Hexagon Scrapghan - I think it might have taken me longer to weave in the ends than it took to actually crochet it!

 
Hexagon Motif Afghan
Warm and Cosy

   
Hexagon Motif Afghan
Just a bit of silliness - colourful scraps put to good use!

This was intended to be a charity blanket but it rather grew on me -  so I have decided to rather  let it go and live in the Caravan!

I love burning fragrance oil (especially lemon grass!) while crafting and  have quite a collection of burners.    This is one of a set bought on my last trip to the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town:



Fragrance Burner
Fabulous Fragrance Burner

I spent quite a lot of time the past two weeks updating my IPod Music library - 800 and something CD's  and I can never decide what to listen to.    Took only my favourite songs off each CD - about halfway through and have enough music for a week.      This was one of those projects that kept getting re-prioritized (right to the bottom of my to-do list) - really really really happy that this can at least be counted as a Phd (project half done)!

Way back in May a couple of projects were frogged and re-invented.    I was quite happy with the result of my re-inventions.   My daughter has however frogged several re-inventions, add to this the leftover yarn from the groovyghan she made for her friend - and you have quite a motley collection of yarns and colours.   She asked me to design a groovyghan for her using ALL this yarn as well as squares saved from previous froggings -   here is a photo of what it looks like so far::



Groovyghan

It has been unpleasantly cold here in Johannesburg the past few days.    We have been indulging in all sorts of yummy homemade winter warmers - pies, pancakes, bredies (stews), casseroles,  baked puddings with hot custard and Cranberry Crumpets!


Cranberry Crumpets
Cranberry Crumpets

Missy is not very happy with the weather - she has spent most of the week in her basket - and she meeeuws until she gets tucked in - cheeky thing!!!

 
Her Royal Highness

The dry weather is perfect for drying roses though - I have tied them into bunches and have them hanging in the lapa (note the very sad, very dead ivy against the wall)



Dried Roses
Aren't they gorgeous?

And finally a quick peek at my WIP's for this week:



Groovyghan, Baby Blanket
Pink / Cerise Baby Blanket;   Charity Baby Blanket;   Groovyghan,  Crochet Roses

Going to blog off now - need to go and tuck HRH in - she is making a lot of  noise because she is being ignored!

Keep warm (if you are in the South);   B cool (if you are in the North);    pursue your Happiness every day;
and craft up a storm!!

2 comments:

  1. What a talented and inspiring person you are!

    ReplyDelete