Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Monday 10 February 2014

Rainbow Hexagon Motif: Pattern

I have had a ton  of requests for my Rainbow Hexagon Motif pattern.     I just realized that I have in fact already written the pattern for this Hexagon (with a little tutorial).


Click HERE to view the pattern and tutorial.

It is amazing what a difference colour / row composition makes!!

hexagon motif

For the rainbow Hexagon I use 2 shades of the "same" colour - the first two rows are done in the lighter shade and the 3rd and 4th rows in the brighter shade.

For the baby blanket I am working on I added an extra row of white (my join-as-you-go row).  

They look really happy joined together as I have done with the Hexagon Scrapghan if you do not want to join them all with the same colour!

This one little pattern can give you so many different looks - play around with colour / row combination and see what you come up with!

Happy Hooking!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely .. I am joining an afghan with quite muted colours with a row of white and it makes the world of difference, lifts the whole afghan and brightens it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zelna, I love this blanket you made! It's so pretty and vibrant and thanks for sharing! I pinned it too.
    Julie at Julie's LIfestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Zelna, great colour combination! I have an award for you on my blog, so please pop by! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love how all your great color selections pop! ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete