Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Thursday 2 January 2014

Baby Blanket (Part 2)

My daughter asked me to design a groovyghan for her using the squares and yarn we had saved from her frogged projects back in MAY.      She wanted a lacy design for one of the panels and I came up with this pattern while playing around with ideas.     It makes a lovely soft drapey fabric - perfect for a baby blanket:

lacy crochet baby blanket
Lacy Crochet Baby Blanket

I used two shades of pink, dark red and white.


Crochet Flower with Button Embellishment


I added a single row of crochet flowers with button centres.

 Blanket Stitch Picot Edging

 For the border I did a few rows of double crochet, with a blanket stitch picot edging.



I crocheted the middle panel of my daughter's afghan and she completed the rest.    Not quite a baby blanket (it fits quite nicely on her queen size bed) - but I thought I would show you anyway since this is what sparked the inspiration for the lacy stitch.


This picture was taken by my daughter on her phone - but I am sure she won't mind me using it to brag about her handiwork!

4 comments:

  1. The babyblanket is wonderful, I love the color.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket! Would you share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not gotten around to writing this pattern yet! It is on my to do list though!

      Delete
  3. Hi Zelna !!! I guess I'm waiting for the same thing...I really love this blanket and the colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete