Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Friday 3 January 2014

Big Circles Afghan

I made this throw mid 2013 using the Big Circle Afghan Square by Kate Jenks from Signed With An Owl.

This was one of those patterns that you have to make the minute you see it.    The circles are a brilliant way to use up those oddments of colour yarn that always seem to accumulate.

big circles crochet

I had so much fun making the circles that I did not pay much attention to the colour combinations.

big circles crochet

I managed to make 16 circles using up leftover yarn in red, purple, tan, dark brown, white, light blue, cornflour blue and denim.

big circles crochet

I used beige to square the circles.

big circles crochet

Then worked them together with Dark Brown using THIS method.

circles crochet

For the border I added to rows of granny clusters in beige, a row of white and a row of denim.     Then a row of single crochet in white on the reverse side and a row of denim on the right side.

crochet circles

I love the way the colourful circles pop against the neutral background!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful afghan :) I love the colours you have used in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for stopping by. I think this design might actually work for the Mood Blanket?

      Delete
  2. So pretty! The circles are so fab..... What a great blanket to cuddle up with on the couch to read a good book..... :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystelle, thanks! I love this pattern - it has endless possibilities!

      Delete