Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Friday 24 January 2014

Beach House Throw: Good Ol' Granny Squares

I love Granny Squares!

Can't get enough of granny squares - they are just so perfect to make when you want to indulge in completely stress free crochet!

I have had a couple of  those days lately - just not up to anything requiring too much thought or effort.

A few days ago I made a heap of RAINBOW MOTIFS AND GRANNY SQUARES.

I will share my plans for the Rainbow Motifs in another post - this is all about the Grannies!

I was too lazy to fetch yarn out of my stash and so had just been using the yarn I had put aside for my CROCHET MOOD BLANKET!

While I was making the Rainbow Motifs and idea popped into my head for a beach house throw using the spectrum from green through to violet (representing sea and dune vegetation), add a bit of white (representing surf) and edging with a sandy colour (representing beach and dunes)

I did not have the widest selection of colours so I tried to rotate them to get as many different squares as possible.


granny squares

Still looking a bit untidy in the above photo!

These are the colours I used: Bright Green, Apple Green, Jade, Snowmoon (grey green), teal, aqua, turqoise, baby blue, cornflower blue, cloud blue, indigo, crocus, purple, white and gravel (beige)


granny squares

 I have got quite a nice mix of squares now and have started edging them all with the gravel (stone) - and starting to look much neater!

No idea how I am going to pull this off yet - just having sooo much fun!

Quickly going to make spaghetti bolonaise (luckily when it is so hot the family prefers to eat much later) and then hopefully I can start to form a plan to assemble them......    soo excited!

6 comments:

  1. These squares are lovely, your colour palette reminds me of the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all coming together beautifully - I love granny squares too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors for beautiful granny squares !
    Thanks for your visit !
    Have a nice Sunday !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful choice of colours .... it is going to be a gorgeous throw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies - I can't wait to see what it is going to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure they will look lovely when they are all joined Zelna :)

    ReplyDelete