Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Sunday 2 February 2014

Groovyghan: Stormy Seas

Finally finished this Groovyghan:


groovyghan

For the past few weeks I could not even really consider this to be a WIP as I only had to work in a few ends but I finally got around to it this afternoon - and it literally took ten minutes to work in those last few ends!


groovyghan

My photo's are not all that inspired - somehow could not get a "feel" for how to photograph this one!

Colours used:    Cream, Tan, Blue, Stone,  Baby Blue, Teal and Tan
Yarn:    100% Acrylic

The idea was borrowed from the "Groovyghan" but the squares are my own design as well as the overall compilation.



groovyghan

Took that one in between rainshowers!


groovyghan

Anyway folks there you have it!     I can finally say "finished" and cross this one off my list!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! The colours are my favourites!!! I have never done an afghan..never even attempted one. But with your permission I would love to use this one as inspiration to start one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So flattered that my afghan inspires you to attempt your own. Having a crochet blanket that you made yourself is one of life's finer comforts! You are most welcome to use my idea(s) as inspiration - happy to spread the "hooky" love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous afghan, I love the colours, and the squares and how you put it together, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Pat! Rather addicted to making these as they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I had not seen these groovyghans before! What a great idea! I have a few blankets on the go already but this is giving me ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fab blanket! The colours are great!
    Thank you so much for popping by and leaving such a lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of the imagination you and your daughter have to come up with this and the pink groovyghans. They are both wonderful! and I hope to make some similar...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your afghan so much. I have balls of yarn in this exact colour paper waiting to be made into an afghan for my 35yr old daughter and I think she would love this design. Just wish I had a pattern for the whole rug. LOL

    ReplyDelete