Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Groovyghan: Little Princess Groovyghan

Way back in  July 2013 my daughter decided to crochet a GROOVYGHAN for her "bestie" (don't know who to credit with the original idea as there are so many of them on the internet.

We both love the fun mix of a variety of stripes and squares and have both made quite a few Groovyghans since June!   

Here is one that I made:



crochet groovyghan

The ripple was the perfect choice for the centre panel.


crochet blanket

The squares just evolved as I went.


crochet blanket

Alternated the stripes between the grannies with double crochet and granny cluster stripes.


crochet blanket

I used 6 colours - purple, lilac, cerise, pink, peach and white.

crochet blanket

I was a bit worried about using the peach but I think it balanced the colours out quite nicely in the end


crochet groovyghan

10 comments:

  1. Oh that is beautiful!! Your daughter is really talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe its the colors on my computer, but it looks patriotic in a groovyghan kinda way :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would actually be brilliant in red, white and blue Leanne - it does have a stars and stripes feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of the imagination to come up with these ideas. These are wonderful! (Dianna Plano)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow oh wow,awesome awesome, beautiful ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw this pattern I thought of a red, white, and blue patriotic themed afghan. Love this :-)

    ReplyDelete